the oasis centre is a lifeline for many people
we help over 100 people a week - including families on benefits, long-term unemployed people, asylum seekers and refugees, homeless people, ex-offenders and those struggling with drug or alcohol addictions and mental health issues
Collier house, Wellington street, gorton, manchester, m18 8tx
mondays, tuesdays & wednesdays - 10am - 2pm
HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST
Many of our clients visit Oasis for the first time at a time of crisis. Our RE:BUILD program offers the following help for crisis situations:
- Emergency Provision - After we have had an initial conversation about your needs, we will do what we can to help in your crisis situation. Our crisis support includes emergency food packs, clothing and a meal from our free cafe. You could sign yourself up for this, or be referred through another organisation.
- CAFE - We are open three days per week, and those days we offer a free cafe providing hot, nutritious, well-balanced breakfasts and lunches to individuals and families.
- CHARITY SHOP - We provide the opportunity to access affordable clothing and other items through our pop-up charity shop in the centre.
SOMEWHERE YOU CAN BELONG
For many people in difficult situations, loneliness can be a reality of life. Through our RE-ENGAGE program, we help everybody feel like part of the community. The ways we do this include:
- well-being support - We provide opportunities that promote the value of physical, emotional and mental well-being such as trips, parties, social days plus health and well-being events with acces to local well-being services.
- LEISURE ACTIVITIES - We offer pool, table tennis, board games and quizzes as a way to overcome boredom and develop new friendships.
- GROUP ACTIVITIES - We run short-term programs, such as craft workshops, gardening and a choir.
- Our cafe - Join us at our cafe for free breakfasts and lunches, and get to know new people while you eat.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Many of our clients find that in order to move forward they need to develop certain new skills. Through our RE:SKILL program, we provide a relaxed and encouraging setting to learn and practice:
- FREEDOM ED - We run a basic adult life-skills training program that over the course of a year covers the following topics - urban art, cookery workshop, English for everyone, Maths made easy and Science workshops.
- one-to-one phonics and reading programs - We offer individual support in learning the basics of reading, writing and phonics.
- MOVING FORWARD SCHEME - This is a personal program to help you reach your full potential by looking at what you want to achieve in life and developing a plan to help you get there.
GET BACK ON YOUR FEET
As much as we love spending time with our clients, we realise that the goal isn't to stay with Oasis forever but to find work. Our RE:START program helps with this in the following ways:
- ONE-TO-ONE Basic i.t. training - We teach you the basics of I.T. and the internet in bite-size lessons that are tailored to your own needs and pace of work.
- work skills club - We run a work club that includes free access to I.T. and the internet and non-accredited courses in IT literacy and work skills, including how to search for jobs, how to put together a stand-out C.V., how to extract relevant information from job ads and how to interview well.
- in-house volunteer placement scheme - Clients are given the opportunity to volunteer at the Oasis Centre, developing their skills and work experience and increasing their chances of finding employment.
phone: 07732352568 (only available during office hours)
email: email@example.com (any time)
If you are working with another organisation and would like to refer a client to the Oasis Centre, please ask them to drop in during our opening hours (10am-2pm, Monday-Wednesday) or give us a call on 07732352568 to chat about their situation.
In the case of particularly vulnerable clients, please ensure that a member of your team accompanies them on their first visit to the Oasis Centre.
join the oasis community today!